The HistoryMakers video oral history with Amy S. Hilliard [electronic resource].
- Other Title:
- History Makers video oral history with Amy S. Hilliard
Amy S. Hilliard
- Chicago, Illinois : The HistoryMakers, 
1 online resource (9 video files (4 hr., 10 min., 54 sec.)) : sound, color.
- African Americans -- Interviews.
Hilliard, Amy -- Interviews.
- Oral histories.
- System Details:
- Marketing executive and entrepreneur Amy S. Hilliard was born on August 16, 1952 in Detroit, Michigan. Her career in corporate sales and marketing began at Bloomingdale's where Hilliard became a member of their buying team in New York after receiving her M.B.A. degree from Harvard Business School in 1978. In 1981, Hilliard joined the Gillette Company where she was promoted to Senior Product Manager for Gillette at Division Headquarters in Boston, Massachusetts and The Pillsbury Company where she helped create some Pillsbury Doughboy advertisements targeted toward people of color. In 1992, Hilliard joined Burrell Communications Group as Senior Vice President and Director of Integrated Marketing Services. Hilliard founded The Hilliard Group, Inc. in 1995 and then founded The Comfort Cake Company in 2001. Hilliard authored the motivational book, Tap Into Your Juice.
- Denise Gines, interviewer.
Larry Crowe, interviewer.
- Videographer, Scott Stearns.
Videographer, Matthew Hickey.
- Recorded Chicago, Illinois 2008 July 14.
Recorded Chicago, Illinois 2008 November 20.
- Hilliard, Amy, interviewee.
Gines, Denise, interviewer.
Crowe, Larry, interviewer.
Stearns, Scott, director of photography.
Hickey, Matthew, director of photography.
HistoryMakers (Video oral history collection), production company.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|