Handheld and ubiquitous computing : Second International Symposium, HUC 2000, Bristol, UK, September 25-27, 2000 : proceedings / Hans-W. Gellersen, Peter Thomas (editors).
- 1st ed. 2000.
- Berlin, Heidelberg [Germany] ; New York : Springer, 2000.
- Conference Name:
- International Symposium on Handheld and Ubiquitous Computing
- Lecture notes in computer science ; 1927.
Lecture Notes in Computer Science, 0302-9743 ; 1927
1 online resource (X, 248 p. 80 illus., 5 illus. in color.)
- Pocket computers -- Congresses.
Wearable computers -- Congresses.
- Electronic books.
- The papers collected here are those selected for presentation at the Second International Symposium on Handheld and Ubiquitous Computing 2000 (HUC 2000) held in Bristol, UK in September 2000. The symposium was the second in a series of symposia which explores new research in the area of emerging mobile, personal, and handheld technologies. The first event, HUC’99, was held in Karlsruhe (Germany), organised by the Telecooperation Office (TecO) of the University of Karlsruhe in close collaboration with the Center for Arts and Media Technology (ZKM). This previous event, the first of its kind in the world, attracted a large number of paper submissions, was attended by over 200 international delegates, and demonstrated the growing international interest in the area with contributions from the United States, Japan and Europe. The 18 papers collected here were chosen from 70 submissions to HUC 2000, and represent a valuable resource for those wishing to understand the themes being pursued in this vibrant and exciting area of technology. The papers range from work on intelligent environment and devices, user experience, and interface design, to research in context aware systems, wearable computing, and location-based services. Together, the papers represent a snapshot of the state of the art in research in handheld and ubiquitous computing. The symposium also attracted a large number of short paper submissions, and these are available in the Springer journal Personal Technologies volume 4, number 4, which was published in tandem with these proceedings.
- Event-Driven, Personalizable, Mobile Interactive Spaces
EasyLiving: Technologies for Intelligent Environments
Beyond the Control Room: Mobile Devices for Spatially Distributed Interaction on Industrial Process Plants
PowerView Using Information Links and Information Views to Navigate and Visualize Information on Small Displays
A Comparison of Free Interaction Modes for Mobile Layout System
Real-World Graphical User Interfaces
Lessons Learned from the Design of a Mobile Multimedia System in the MOBY DICK Project
Notable: At the Intersection of Annotations and Handheld Technology
Creating Web Representations for Places
A Context-Sensitive Nomadic Exhibition Guide
Exploiting Location-Based Composite Devices to Support and Facilitate Situated Ubiquitous Computing
Location-Aware Information Delivery withComMotion
CybreMinder: A Context-Aware System for Supporting Reminders
Using Handheld Devices in Synchronous Collaborative Scenarios
Smartcards: How to Put Them to Use in a User-Centric System
Using Dynamic Mediation to Integrate COTS Entities in a Ubiquitous Computing Environment
EVENTMANAGER: Support for the Peripheral Awareness of Events
Safety and Comfort of Eyeglass Displays.
- Bibliographic Level Mode of Issuance: Monograph
Includes bibliographical references and index.
Description based on print version record.
- Gellersen, Hans-W., editor.
Thomas, Peter J., editor.
- Publisher Number:
- 10.1007/3-540-39959-3 doi
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|