The HistoryMakers video oral history with Delores Brisbon [electronic resource].
- Other Title:
- History Makers video oral history with Delores Brisbon
- Chicago, Illinois : The HistoryMakers, 
1 online resource (4 video files (1 hr., 43 min., 51 sec.)) : sound, color.
- African Americans -- Interviews.
Brisbon, Delores -- Interviews.
- Oral histories.
- System Details:
- Healthcare management consultant and hospital chief executive Delores Flynn Brisbon was born February 12, 1933, in Jacksonville, Florida. She attended Douglas Anderson Elementary School and graduated from Stanton High School in 1950. Brisbon earned her B.S. degree in nursing from Tuskegee University in 1954. In 1974, she was awarded a sociology degree from the University of Pennsylvania. From 1954 to 1956, she worked as clinical instructor for Tuskegee University's John Andrew Hospital. In 1957, Brisbon became director of nursing services at Dillard University's Flint Goodridge Hospital and later, worked as head nurse at the University of Pennsylvania Hospital in 1959, and as supervisor of medical nursing in 1962. In 1975, Brisbon was hired as director of planning and systems, and in 1980, she was appointed chief operating officer. She formed Brisbon and Associates, a consulting firm, in 1987. Brisbon has served as chairperson of the board of the Mother Bethel Foundation.
- Larry Crowe, interviewer.
- Videographer, Matthew Hickey.
- Recorded Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 2005 February 8.
- Brisbon, Delores, interviewee.
Crowe, Larry, interviewer.
Hickey, Matthew, director of photography.
HistoryMakers (Video oral history collection), production company.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|