The HistoryMakers video oral history with Rodney Adkins [electronic resource].
- Other Title:
- History Makers video oral history with Rodney Adkins
- Chicago, Illinois : The HistoryMakers, 
1 online resource (8 video files (3 hr., 36 min., 2 sec.)) : sound, color.
- African Americans -- Interviews.
Adkins, Rodney -- Interviews.
- Oral histories.
- System Details:
- Corporate executive and computer engineer Rodney Adkins was born on August 23, 1958, in Miami, Florida. In 1976, he graduated from Miami Jackson High School and matriculated at the Georgia Institute of Technology, where he earned his B.S. degree in electrical engineering in 1981. Adkins studied physics at Rollins College, graduating in 1982. He returned to the Georgia Institute of Technology to obtain his M.S. degree in electrical engineering in 1983. Adkins' three-decade career at IBM began in 1981 when he was hired as an engineer. In 1986, he was promoted to manager of special component engineering. During the 1990s, Adkins helped design the IBM ThinkPad and revitalized the UNIX division as its general manager. In 2007, Adkins was the first African American to be named corporate officer and senior vice president of development and manufacturing at IBM. As senior vice president from 2013, he directed the company's cloud computing strategy.
- Larry Crowe, interviewer.
- Videographer, Matthew Hickey.
- Recorded Somers, New York 2013 July 9.
- Adkins, Rodney, interviewee.
Crowe, Larry, interviewer.
Hickey, Matthew, director of photography.
HistoryMakers (Video oral history collection), production company.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|