The HistoryMakers video oral history with Janet Adderley [electronic resource].
- Other Title:
- History Makers video oral history with Janet Adderley
- Chicago, Illinois : The HistoryMakers, 
1 online resource (5 video files (2 hr., 24 min., 48 sec.)) : sound, color.
- African Americans -- Interviews.
Adderley, Janet -- Interviews.
- Oral histories.
- System Details:
- Acting coach and stage actress Janet Williams Adderley was born Janet Williams on September 17, 1956 in Marshall, Texas. She graduated from Houston's Performing Arts High School in 1974, and then obtained her B.A. degree in American Studies from Yale University in 1978. She appeared in the role of Belle in a Broadway production of Starlight Express, which ran from 1987 to 1989. In 1990, Adderley was featured in the play A... My Name is Alice. In 1990s, she began to appear in television and film productions; in 1994, she founded The Adderley School for the Performing Arts in Pacific Palisades, California. Her students have performed with John Lithgow, Natalie Cole, Dustin Hoffman and Luther Vandross. Disney hired Adderley as an acting coach for the ABC-TV Emmy Award winning 1999 production of Annie. Adderley operates two additional theater schools in Santa Barbara, California.
- Larry Crowe, interviewer.
- Videographer, Matthew Hickey.
- Recorded Pacific Palisades, California 2005 April 1.
- Adderley, Janet, interviewee.
Crowe, Larry, interviewer.
Hickey, Matthew, director of photography.
HistoryMakers (Video oral history collection), production company.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|