The HistoryMakers video oral history with Allene Singho Roberts [electronic resource].
- Other Title:
- History Makers video oral history with Allene Singho Roberts
Allene Singho Roberts
- Chicago, Illinois : The HistoryMakers, 
1 online resource (7 video files (3 hr., 29 min., 46 sec.)) : sound, color.
- African Americans -- Interviews.
Roberts, Allene -- Interviews.
- Oral histories.
- System Details:
- Corporate executive and association chief executive Allene Singho Roberts was born on April 14, 1943 in Bronx, New York. Attending P.S. 10 and Paul Laurence Dunbar Junior High School, Roberts graduated from Evander Childs High School in 1960. After working three years for Metropolitan Life Insurance Company, she was hired as the first black showroom model for Sloat and Company. Roberts later joined Johnson Publishing Company's Ebony Fashion Fair in 1965. Hired by Phillip Morris Companies in 1967, Roberts rose to senior manager by the time she left in 1992. In 1996, Roberts was hired as chair and chief executive officer of the American Women's Forum for Economic Development Strategies. Co-founder of the Bronx River Research Group and Clean Energy Systems for New York, Roberts received awards from the Coalition of Black Trade Unionists, the New York Urban League and the National Caucus of Black State Legislators. Roberts passed away on January 27, 2014, at the age of 70.
- Shawn Wilson, interviewer.
- Videographer, Scott Stearns.
Videographer, Neculai Burghelea.
- Recorded New York, New York 2005 March 10.
Recorded New York, New York 2005 July 28.
- Roberts, Allene, interviewee.
Wilson, Shawn, interviewer.
Stearns, Scott, director of photography.
Burghelea, Neculai, director of photography.
HistoryMakers (Video oral history collection), production company.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|