Muslim community organizations in the West : history, developments and future perspectives / Mario Peucker, Rauf Ceylan, eds.
- Wiesbaden, Germany : Springer VS,  , ©2017
- Islam in der Gesellschaft.
Islam in der Gesellschaft
xiii, 256 pages ; 21 cm.
- Muslims -- Western countries.
Muslims -- Western countries -- Societies, etc.
Associations, institutions, etc -- Western countries.
Associations, institutions, etc.
Muslims -- Societies, etc.
- The book focusses on the historical emergence and contemporary challenges of Muslim community organizations and their struggle for recognition as ordinary voices in multiethnic and multi-religious civil societies of Western democracies. It offers a range of different perspectives on how Muslim communities position themselves and navigate the social and political landscape shaped by, on the one hand, normalization of ethno-religious diversity and, on the other, ongoing misrecognition and essentialisation of Muslims in the West. The contributions from internationally acclaimed scholars as well as emerging researchers from Canada, the United Kingdom, France, Germany, Switzerland and Australia shine new light on both country-specific similarities and divergences.
- Islam and diaspora
Contemporary developments and future perspectives.
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Publisher Number:
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|