Eugene Richards : the run-on of time / Lisa Hostetler ; April M. Watson ; directors' foreword by Bruce Barnes and Julián Zugazagoitia ; preface by Keith F. Davis.
- Other Title:
- Run on of time
- Kansas City, Missouri : Hall Family Foundation in association with The Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art ; Rochester, New York : George Eastman Museum, 
- New Haven, Connecticut : Distributed by Yale University Press.
232 pages : illustrations (some color), portraits ; 29 x 29 cm
- Richards, Eugene -- Exhibitions.
Photography, Artistic -- 20th century -- Exhibitions.
Photography, Artistic -- 21st century -- Exhibitions.
Documentary photography -- United States -- 20th century -- Exhibitions.
Documentary photography -- United States -- 21st century -- Exhibitions.
- Exhibition catalogs.
- Place of Publication:
- United States Missouri Kansas City.
United States New York Rochester.
- The first publication to situate the work of Richards in the long photographic tradition that merges personal artistic vision with documentary practice. Eugene Richards (b. 1944) is a documentary photographer known for his powerful, unflinching exploration of contemporary social issues from the early 1970s to the present. This handsome book is the first comprehensive and critical look at Richards's lifelong achievements. Reproduced in tritone and color, the extraordinary images in this volume explore complicated and controversial subjects, including racism, poverty, drug addiction, cancer, aging, the effects of war and terrorism, and the erosion of rural America. The authors of the book situate Richards's work in the long photographic tradition that merges personal artistic vision with documentary practice, following in the tradition of W. Eugene Smith and Robert Frank.
- "Published to accompany an exhibition at the George Eastman Museum, June 10-October 22, 2017; and the Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art, December 9, 2017-April 15, 2018"--Title page verso.
Includes bibliographical references (pages 228-231).
"Eugene Richards: The Run-On of Time" : June 10-October 22, 2017, George Eastman Museum, Rochester, New York, United States.
"Eugene Richards: The Run-On of Time" : December 9, 2017-April 15, 2018, The Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art, Kansas City, Missouri, United States.
- Hostetler, Lisa, 1971- author.
Watson, April M., author.
Davis, Keith F., 1952- writer of preface.
Zugazagoitia, Julián, writer of forword.
Barnes, Bruce, writer of forword.
Hall Family Foundation (Kansas City, Mo.), issuing body.
George Eastman Museum, organizer, host institution.
Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art, organizer, host institution.
- Richards, Eugene. Photographs. Selections
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|