Franz Erhard Walther : the body draws / edited by Luis Croquer.
- Other Title:
- Body draws
- Seattle, Washington : Henry Art Gallery,  , ©2016
191 pages : illustrations (chiefly color) ; 29 cm
- Walther, Franz Erhard -- Exhibitions.
Interactive art -- Exhibitions.
Walther, Franz Erhard.
- Exhibition catalogs.
- A contemporary of Donald Judd and Richard Serra, the highly influential German artist Franz Erhard Walther (born 1939) has been investigating the spatial and sensorial and dimensions of forms for over six decades. Walther's sculptural practice is rooted in performance and collaborative situations, challenging traditional notions of sculptural process and product. Published on the occasion of the artist's first major US show since he was included in the 1969 Spaces exhibition at The Museum of Modern Art, Franz Erhard Walther: The Body Draws features new scholarship by Luis Croquer, Clément Dirié, Lucia Schreyer and Gregory Williams, an interview and a newly translated text by the artist. Nearly 100 color photographs, including archival images and images of the exhibition installation, document drawings, photographs and sculptures produced between 1957 and the present.
- Director's forward / Sylvia Wolf
The Body Draws : an introduction / Luis Croquer
Drawing / Franz Erhard Walther
When drawing doubles life and work : the drawing practice of Franz Erhard Walther / Clément Dirié
The paper speaks, the body draws, the hand thinks : drawing in the work of Franz Erhard Walther / Lucia Schreyer
Time must be articulated : drawing and memory in Franz Erhard Walther's work / Gregory H. Williams
Interview with Franz Erhard Walther / Elena Filipovic
- Published on the occasion of the exhibition of the same name presented at the Henry Art Gallery, University of Washington, Seattle, October 31, 2015-March 6, 2016.
Includes bibliographical references.
- Croquer, Luis, editor.
Henry Art Gallery, host institution.
- Walther, Franz Erhard. Works. Selections.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|