The cloven viscount / Italo Calvino ; translated from the Italian by Archibald Colquhon.
- Standardized Title:
- Viconte dimezzato. English
- Boston : Mariner Books, Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, [2017?]
115 pages ; 20 cm
- Good and evil -- Fiction.
Triangles (Interpersonal relations) -- Fiction.
- "In this fantastically macabre tale, the separate halves of a nobleman split in two by a cannonball go on to pursue their own independent adventures. In a battle against the Turks, Viscount Medardo of Terralba is bissected lengthwise by a cannonball. One half of him returns to his feudal estate and takes up a lavishly evil life. Soon the other, virtuous half appears. The two halves become rivals for the love of the same woman, fight a bloody duel, and achieve a miraculous resolution. Now available in an independent volume for the first time, this deliciously bizarre novella is Calvino at his most devious and winning"-- Provided by publisher.
- Colquhoun, Archibald, translator.
- 9780544960060 (paperback) :
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|