Globalization and the Asia Pacific economy [electronic resource] / edited by Kyung Tae Lee.
- London ; New York : Routledge, 2002.
- Pacific Trade and Development Conference series.
Pacific Trade and Development Conference series
1 online resource (338 p.)
East Asia -- Economic conditions.
- Electronic books.
- This book looks at globalisation in historical perspective and *examines the experience of East Asian economies during the financial crisis *provides an account of globalisation through the activities of Japanese multinational enterprises *deals with the social consequences of exposure to the financial market risks of globalisation in East Asia *details the experience of East Asian economies in managing the financial crisis *draws lessons from East Asian experience with financial market liberalisation *asks what approaches to international financial cooperation, trade p
- Cover; Globalization and the Asia Pacific Economy; Title Page; Copyright Page; Table of Contents; List of illustrations; List of contributors; Abbreviations; Preface; Introduction; 1 Globalization: historical perspective and prospects; 2 Coping with globalization and financial crisis; 3 Engines of globalization: big and small multinational enterprises in the global era; 4 Social consequences of the East Asian economic crisis: a case of globalization gone wrong; 5 The potential role of foreign direct investment in Indonesia's recovery
6 Foreign exchange market liberalization policies in South Korea: past assessment and future option7 Capital flows and capital controls: the Malaysian experience; 8 Performance of East Asian corporations before and after the crisis; 9 Risks of financial liberalization and reform for financial stability; 10 Integrating financial markets in East Asia; 11 Managing small open economies; 12 Impacts of globalization on China: an assessment of China's reforms and liberalization; 13 Evaluation of changes in the corporate governance system of South Korean chaebols; 14 Globalization on the rocks
15 A quest for a new international financial architecture: an Asia Pacific perspective16 East Asian integration as a determinant of the international economic architecture; Index
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Yi, Kyŏng-t'ae.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|