Daughters of the Tharu [electronic resource] : gender, ethnicity, religion, and the education of Nepali girls / by Mary Ann Maslak.
- New York : RoutledgeFalmer, 2003.
- Reference books in international education.
Reference books in international education
1 online resource (213 p.)
- Women -- Education -- Social aspects -- Nepal -- Case studies.
Tharu (South Asian people) -- Nepal -- Social life and customs -- Case studies.
- Electronic books.
- This book explores the complex structural institutions in society, individual attitudes towards, beliefs about and values of those institutions, and the process by which the relationship between the social structure and individual agency conditions and governs girls' educational participation in Nepal.
- Book Cover; Half-Title; Title; Copyright; Dedication; Table of Contents; Series Preface; Preface; Introduction; Chapter 1 The Case of a Nepali Village: A Point of Entry1 to the Problem of Girls' Educational Participation; Chapter 2 A Critical Analysis of International Educational Policy for Girls' Education in South Asia; Chapter 3 Methodological Relationism and the Integrated Sociological Paradigm: Concepts that Contribute to Understanding Girls' Educational Participation in Nepal; Chapter 4 Feminist Thought and Its Application to Girls' Education in Nepal
Chapter 5 Ethnicity and Its Influence on the Educational Decision-Making ProcessChapter 6 Religion and Religious Ritual: Their Implications for Girls' Education; Epilogue: Present Findings and Future Possibilities; Bibliography; Index
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references (p. 177-206) and index.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|