The voluntary and non-profit sector in Japan : the challenge of change / edited by Stephen P. Osborne.
- London ; New York : Routledge, 2003.
- Nissan Institute/RoutledgeCurzon Japanese studies series.
The Nissan Institute/RoutledgeCurzon Japanese studies series
1 online resource (254 p.)
- Nonprofit organizations -- Japan.
- Electronic books.
- The voluntary and non-profit sector is an important and emerging feature of Japanese society. It is a response both to the changing nature of this society and to political and social trends that have encouraged the Japanese government to see this sector as a potential provider of public services. It is also part of the emergence of 'civil society' in Japan. This book explores the roots of the societal challenges that voluntary and non-profit organisations face in Japan and evaluates their future impact on Japanese society. Containing contributions from leading researchers, internationally as w
- Cover; The Voluntary and Non-Profit Sector in Japan: The challenge of change; Copyright; Contents; Figures and tables; Contributors; Series editor's preface; Acknowledgements; A note on terminology; The voluntary and non-profit sector in Japan: A guide; Part I Background to the sector; 1 The voluntary and non-profit sector in contemporary Japan: Emerging roles and organizational challenges in a changing society; 2 The philanthropic roots of the voluntary and non-profit sector in Japan: The Rockefeller Legacy
3 The voluntary response to the Hanshin Awaji earthquake: A trigger for the development of the voluntary and non-profit sector in JapanPart II The changing context of the voluntary and non-profit sector in Japan; 4 The politics of regulating the non-profit sector; 5 The legal framework for voluntary and non-profit activity; 6 Businesses and the NPO sector in Japan: Development and prospects; Part III Key managerial challenges for the sector; 7 The challenges of growing the NPO and voluntary sector in Japan; 8 Strategic management and Japanese non-profits: Can it work?
9 The government-non-profit relationship in contemporary Japan: An emerging local government-non-profit partnership in Miyagi10 The philanthropic tradition and fund raising for the voluntary and non-profit sector in Japan; Part IV The voluntary and non-profit sector in action in Japan; 11 The voluntary and non-profit sector and the community in Japan: Making links and responding to needs; 12 Supporting local groups in responding to social needs: A case study of the Kobe Community Support Project; Part V Conclusions
13 Managing the Japanese voluntary and non-profit sector: An agenda for the futureIndex
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Osborne, Stephen P., 1953-
- Publisher Number:
- 10.4324/9780203472002 doi
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|