Empathy in the treatment of trauma and PTSD [electronic resource] / John P. Wilson, Rhiannon Brwynn Thomas.
- New York : Brunner-Routledge, 2004.
- Brunner-Routledge psychosocial stress series.
Brunner-Routledge psychosocial stress series
1 online resource (264 p.)
- Psychic trauma -- Treatment.
Post-traumatic stress disorder -- Treatment.
Psychotherapist and patient.
- Electronic books.
- Empathy in the Treatment of Trauma and PTSD examines how professionals are psychologically impacted by their work with trauma clients. A national research study provides empirical evidence, documenting the struggle for professionals to maintain therapeutic equilibrium and empathic attunement with their trauma clients. Among the many important findings of this study, all participants reported being emotionally and psychologically affected by the work, often quite profoundly leading to changes in worldview, beliefs about the nature of humankind and the meaning of life.John P.
- Book Cover; Title; Copyright; Contents
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Thomas, Rhiannon Brwynn.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|