Exchange rate regimes in East Asia [electronic resource] / edited by Gordon de Brouwer and Masahiro Kawai.
- London ; New York : RoutledgeCurzon, 2004.
- Routledge Studies in the Growth Economies of Asia
RoutledgeCurzon studies in the growth economies of Asia ; 51
Routledge Studies in the Growth Economies of Asia
1 online resource (493 p.)
- Foreign exchange rates -- East Asia.
Monetary policy -- East Asia.
East Asia -- Economic policy.
- Electronic books.
- There is a deepening debate in East Asia about the prospects for common exchange rate arrangements, even including the formation of a common currency in the longer term. This raises a complex set of issues and this volume provides a detailed yet comprehensive examination of key issues in the debate. It looks, for example, at the nature and extent of linkages in East Asia, in terms of trade and foreign investment, finance, labour, and consumption, investment and output. It examines how the exchange rate affects various aspects of economies. And it critically analyzes various proposals for curr
- Exchange Rate Regimes in East Asia; Copyright; Contents; List of figures; List of tables and box; List of contributors; Preface; Abbreviations; 1 Economic linkages and implications for exchange rate regimes in East Asia; 2 Trade and foreign direct investment in East Asia; 3 'Revealed commonality': linkages in consumption, investment and output in East Asia; 4 A multivariate approach to grouping financially integrated economies; 5 International migration and trade liberalisation: some lessons from Asia; 6 Patterns, economic implications and policy issues in international labour migration
7 Exchange rate pass-through to export prices8 The effects of exchange rate volatility on trade; 9 The cost of crises and learning to live with exchange rate volatility: evidence from survey measures of consumer business expectations; 10 Measuring real effective exchange rates; 11 Exchange rate regimes and monetary independence in East Asia; 12 'Fair value' and exchange rate misalignment; 13 The narrow road to the single Asian currency: lessons from optimal currency areas and the euro; 14 The case for a tri-polar currency basket system for emerging East Asia
15 Which exchange rate regime for Asia?16 Options for currency arrangements and their policy implications; 17 Sequencing monetary and trade integration; Index
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
- De Brouwer, Gordon.
Kawai, Masahiro, 1947-
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|