The international trade system [electronic resource] / Alice Landau.
- New York : Routledge, 2005.
- Routledge studies in the modern world economy ; 48.
Routledge studies in the modern world economy ; 48
1 online resource (172 p.)
- World Trade Organization.
International economic integration.
- Electronic books.
- The World Trade Organization (WTO) is without doubt one of our main instruments of globalization, the controversy which is whipped up by this organization is arguably mainly caused by the mystery which surrounds it.The International Trade System seeks to remove the clouds of misunderstanding that circle the multilateral commercial system by clearly describing and explaining the processes, conventions and rules around which world trade functions.The latest developments in the international trade system can be understood with more clarity thanks to this book, academics and stude
- Cover; The International Trading System; Copyright; Contents; Illustrations; Foreword; Abbreviations; Introduction; 1 The WTO: From disappointment to hope; 2 The Agreement on Sanitary and Phytosanitary Measures; 3 The Agreement on Technical Barriers to Trade; 4 The Agreement on Agriculture; 5 The General Agreement on Trade in Services (GATS); 6 The Agreement on Intellectual Property Rights; 7 Measures concerning trade-related investment; 8 The Agreement on Textiles and Clothing; 9 The WTO and regional integration: Compatible or contradictory?; 10 The Agreement on Rules of Origin
11 The Agreement on Subsidies and Compensatory Measures12 The WTO and developing countries: Towards an equality of power?; 13 The emergence of new issues; 14 Conclusion; Notes; Bibliography; Index
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|