Liberal democracy and environmentalism [electronic resource] : the end of environmentalism? / edited by Marcel Wissenburg and Yoram Levy.
- London ; New York : Routledge, 2004.
- Routledge/ECPR Studies in European Political Science
Routledge/ECPR Studies in European Political Science
1 online resource (225 p.)
- Political ecology.
Environmentalism -- Political aspects.
- Electronic books.
- In recent decades, environmental issues have increasingly been incorporated into liberal democratic thought and political practice. Environmentalism and ecologism have become fashionable, even respectable schools of political thought. This apparently successful integration of environmental movements, issues and ideas in mainstream politics raises the question of whether there is a future for what once was a counter-movement and counter-ideology. Liberal Democracy and Environmentalism provides a reflective assessment of recent developments, social relevance and future of environmental
- The role of environmentalism : from the Silent Spring to the Silent Revolution / Gayil Talshir
The faces of endism : post-ecologism and the politics of simulation / Ingolfur Blhdorn
The end of environmentalism (as we know it) / Yoram Levy
Little green lies : on the redundancy of 'environment' / Marcel Wissenburg
Democracy and environmentalism : the end of deep ecology? - not quite / Mike Mills and Fraser King
The environment versus individual freedom and convenience / Marius de Geus
Precaution, scientization or deliberation? Prospects for greening and democratizing science / Karin Bckstrand
The good and green society : ecology, democracy and autonomy : a problem of wishful thinking / Mathew Humphrey
A precautionary approach / Meira Hanson
Liberal democracy and the shaping of environmentally enlightened citizens / Graham Smith
Perspectives and possibilities
Sustainability and plurality : from the moderate end of the liberal equilibrium to the open end of a situated liberal neutrality / Dorothee Horstktter
The minimum irreversible harm principle : green inter-generational liberalism / Michael Wallack
From environmental politics to the politics of the environment : the pacification and normalization of environmentalism? / John Barry.
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references (p. -211) and index.
- Wissenburg, M. L. J. (Marcel L. J.)
Levy, Yoram, 1967-
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|