Reality TV [electronic resource] : Factual Entertainment and Television Audiences
- Hoboken : Taylor and Francis, 2013.
1 online resource (239 p.)
- Local subjects:
- Reality television programs.
- Electronic books.
- Reality TV restores a crucial, and often absent, element to the critical debate about reality television: the voices of people who watch reality programmes.From Animal Hospital to Big Brother, Annette Hill argues that much can be learned from listening to audience discussion about this popular and rapidly changing television genre. Viewers' responses to reality TV can provide invaluable information to enhance our understanding of both the reality genre and contemporary television audiences.Drawing on quantitative and qualitative audience research to
- Cover; Reality TV; Title Page; Copyright Page; Table of Contents; Acknowledgements; 1 Understanding reality TV; 2 The rise of reality TV; 3 The reality genre; 4 Performance and authenticity; 5 The idea of learning; 6 Ethics of care; 7 Pet deaths; 8 Story of change; Appendices; Notes; Bibliography; Index
- Description based upon print version of record.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|