Reading Hebrew [electronic resource] : the language and the psychology of reading it / Joseph Shimron.
- Mahwah, N.J. : Lawrence Erlbaum Associates, 2006.
1 online resource (222 p.)
- Hebrew language -- Psychological aspects.
Reading, Psychology of.
Hebrew language -- Morphology.
Hebrew language -- History.
- Electronic books.
- Over the last two decades, the study of languages and writing systems and their relationship to literacy acquisition has begun to spread beyond studies based mostly on English language learners. As the worldwide demand for literacy continues to grow, researchers from different countries with different language backgrounds have begun examining the connection between their language and writing system and literacy acquisition. This volume is part of this new, emerging field of research. In addition to reviewing psychological research on reading (the author's specialty), the reader is introduced t
- Contents; Acknowledgments; Preface; 1 Introduction; 2 The Hebrew Word; 3 Decoding Hebrew Words; 4 Morphological Aspects of Reading Hebrew Words; 5 The Development of the Hebrew Language; 6 The Evolution of the Hebrew Writing System; 7 The Viability of Literacy in Hebrew; 8 Perceptions and Evidence of Early Literacy in Hebrew; References; Glossary; Author Index; Subject Index
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references (p. 171-189) and indexes.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|