Europe in the media : a comparison of reporting, representation, and rhetoric in national media systems in Europe / Deirdre Kevin.
- Mahwah, N.J. : L. Erlbaum Associates, 2003.
- European Institute for the Media series.
European Institute for the Media series
1 online resource (224 p.)
- Journalism -- Europe.
Europe -- Press coverage -- Europe.
- Electronic books.
- Europe in the Media draws together the results of several research projects that examined media coverage of European political and cultural affairs and media representations of Europe. The book attempts to outline some of the important debates regarding European integration and to describe the media landscape in which these debates are informed, reflected, and facilitated. The research presented sought to answer several questions, namely the role of the media in the democratic process at the European level and the extent to which the media contributes to and reflects the process of Euro
- Book Cover; Title; Copyright; Dedication; Contents; For Lack of Affection: The Challenges for Europe in the Media and a European Public Sphere; Preface; Introduction; 1 Europe and the European Union: The Dynamics of Integration; 2 The Media and European Integration; 3 Overview of European News Coverage; 4 News Coverage of the European Parliamentary Election Campaigns; 5 The War in Kosovo: Media Debates About a 'European Crisis'; 6 News Coverage of Economic Issues; 7 News About Other Countries and People in Europe; 8 Reporting Europe: Trends and Developments
9 Overview of Programmes Dealing With Europe10 Analysis of European Television Programme Content; 11 Europe in the Media: Summary and Conclusions; Appendix I; Appendix II; References; Author Index; Subject Index
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references (p. 189-193) and indexes.
- European Institute for the Media.
- Publisher Number:
- 10.4324/9781410607331 doi
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|