John F. Kennedy and the politics of arms sales to Israel [electronic resource] / Abraham Ben-Zvi.
- Portland, Or. : Frank Cass, 2002.
- Cass series--Israeli history, politics, and society.
Israeli history, politics, and society, 1368-4795
1 online resource (151 p.)
- Kennedy, John F. (John Fitzgerald), 1917-1963.
Defense industries -- United States -- History -- 20th century.
Arms transfers -- United States -- History -- 20th century.
Hawk (Missile) -- History.
United States -- Foreign relations -- Israel.
Israel -- Foreign relations -- United States.
United States -- Politics and government -- 1961-1963.
United States -- Foreign relations -- 1961-1963.
- Electronic books.
- This volume seeks to reconstruct the process by which the Kennedy administration decided to sell to Israel Hawk surface-to-air missiles. It argues that both domestic considerations and political calculations were part of a highly complex decision made by members of Washington's high policy elite.
- Cover; JOHN F. KENNEDY AND THE POLITICS OF ARMS SALES TO ISRAEL; Title Page; Copyright Page; Table of Contents; Foreword; Preface and Acknowledgements; Abbreviations; 1 Introduction: The Debate; 2 The Sale of Arms to Israel, 1953-60: Perceptions and Policies; 3 The Sale of Arms to Israel, January 1961-August 1962: Perceptions and Policies; 4 Essence of Decision: Missiles and Refugees; 5 Epilogue; Selected Bibliography; Index
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references (p. -136) and index.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|