Alcohol problems in the United States : twenty years of treatment perspective / Thomas F. McGovern, William L. White, editors ; cover design by Jennifer M. Gaska.
- New York, New York ; Oxfordshire, England : Routledge, 2013.
1 online resource (270 p.)
- Alcoholism -- Treatment -- United States -- History -- 20th century.
- Electronic books.
- Alcohol Problems in the United States: Twenty Years of Treatment Perspective presents an overview of trends in the treatment of alcohol problems over a 20-year period from three vantage points: broader treatment perspectives, experienced views from the field, and personal perspectives. Some of the field's foremost experts, including Alcoholics Anonymous historian Dr. Ernest Kurtz and Dr. Robert Sparks, who chaired the committee that authored the Institute of Medicine's highly influential study, ?Broadening the Base of Treatment for Alcohol Problems,? provide practical information on the vital
- Cover; Half Title; Title Page; Copyright Page; Table of Contents; Introduction; BROADER TREATMENT PERSPECTIVES; Alcoholics Anonymous and the Disease Concept of Alcoholism; Treatment for Alcoholism: Older and Wiser?; Spirituality, Alcohol and Other Drug Problems: Where Have We Been? Where Are We Going?; American Prisons as Alcohol and Drug Treatment Centers: A Twenty-Year Reflection, 1980 to 2000; Alcoholism/Addiction as a Chronic Disease: From Rhetoric to Clinical Reality; A VIEW FROM THE FIELD; Twenty Volumes of ATQ: A Content Analysis; Youthful Drinking
Reflections on the Past, Present and Possible Future of Women's Alcoholism TreatmentAlcohol Problems in Native America: Changing Paradigms and Clinical Practices; The Response of African American Communities to Alcohol and Other Drug Problems: An Opportunity for Treatment Providers; Participation in Alcoholics Anonymous Among African-Americans; Latinos and Alcohol: Treatment Considerations; PERSONAL PERSPECTIVES; Trends in the Treatment of Alcohol Problems: 1980 to 2000; Treating Co-Occurring Alcohol-Drug Dependence and Mental Illness: A Personal Retrospective Reflection (1971-2001)
A Tale of Two Cities (and Two Programs): The Rise and Fall of Alcoholism and Drug Dependence Treatment at Mayo Clinic and Timberlawn Hospital, 1975-2000Broadening the Base of Treatment for Alcohol Problems, a 1990 Report for the Institute of Medicine: Personal Reflections; Treating Alcohol Problems: A Future Perspective; Index
- "Alcohol problems in the United States: Twenty years of treatment perspective has been co-published simultaneously as Alcoholism treatment quarterly, Volume 20, Numbers 3/4 2002."
Includes bibliographical references and index.
Description based on print version record.
- McGovern, Thomas F., editor.
White, William L., 1947- editor.
Gaska, Jennifer M., cover designer.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|