Relationships, residence and the individual : a rural Panamanian community / Stephen Gudeman.
- London ; New York : Routledge, 2004.
- Routledge library editions. Anthropology and ethnography
South America ; II
1 online resource (304 p.)
- Ethnology -- Panama -- Veraguas (Province)
Veraguas (Panama : Province) -- Social life and customs.
- Electronic books.
- Representing a departure from traditional studies of social organisation, the book asserts that a kinship system is best understood as a system of concepts rather than as a set of empirical relationships. Three aspects of life in the Panamanian community of Los Boquerones are described
First published in 1976.
- Cover; Half Title; Title Page; Copyright Page; Original Title Page; Original Copyright Page; Table of Contents; List of Illustrations; Preface; Love's Labour's Lost; The Satire; The Division of the Play; Part I (Act I, Sc. 1: Act I, Sc. 2: Act II, Sc. 1); Part II (Act III, Sc. 1: Act IV, Sc. 1: Act IV, Sc. 2: Act IV, Sc. 3: Act V, Sc. 1); Part III (Act V, Sc. 2); Location of the Scenes; Analysis of the Characters; The King of Navarre and his Court; The Princess and her Ladies; Berowne and Rosaline; Don Armado and Moth; Boyet; Costard and Jaquenetta; Dull, The Constable
Holofernes and Sir NathanielThe Forester and Mercade; Hamlet; The Background of Hamlet; Claudius; Hamlet; The Ghost; Horatio; Polonius and his Family; The Queen; Rosencrantz and Guildenstem; The Players; Osric; Francisco, Bernardo and Marcellus; Voltimand and Cornelius; The Grave-Diggers; Fortinbras; Twelfth Night; The Balance of the Play; Setting and Costume; 1. Act I, Sc. 1-4; Act II, Sc. 1-3; Act III, Sc. 3, and Act IV to End; 2. Act I, Sc. 5; Act II, Sc. 5; Act III, Sc. 2, and Act III, Sc. 4; 3. Act II, Sc. 4; Orsino; Viola; Sir Toby Belch; Maria; Sir Andrew Aguecheek; Feste; Olivia
MalvolioSebastian and Antonio; Fabian, the Clown?; Feste, the Pivot of the Play; The Merry Wives of Windsor; Social Background; Comedy or Farce; The Situations; Mr. Justice Shallow and his cousin, Slender; Sir Hugh Evans; Dr. Caius; Mistress Quickly and John Rugby; The Pages and the Fords; Anne Page and Fenton; Mine Host of the Garter; Falstaff; Pistol, Nym, Bardolph and Robin; Ford and Master Brook; Romeo and Juliet; Capulet; Lady Capulet; Tybalt; The Nurse; The County Paris; The Capulet Household; The Montagues; Benvolio; The Montague Household; The Friar; The Prince; Mercutio; The Lovers
The Merchant of VeniceLocation and Costume; The Problem of Shylock; Antonio's Melancholy; The Salads; Portia; Morocco and Arragon; Balthasar and Stephano; The Jews; The Gobbos; The Trial Scene; The Last Scene; Julius Caesar; Julius Caesar; Brutus; Cassius; Mark Antony; Octavius Caesar; A Symphony of Men; The Ladies; The Last Act
- Reprint. Originally published in 1976 by Routledge & Kegan Paul.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
Description based on online resource; title from PDF title page (ebrary, viewed November 12, 2013).
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|