The HistoryMakers video oral history with The Honorable Glenn T. Johnson [electronic resource].
- Other Title:
- History Makers video oral history with The Honorable Glenn T. Johnson
The Honorable Glenn T. Johnson
- Chicago, Illinois : The HistoryMakers, 
1 online resource (5 video files (2 hr., 2 min., 25 sec.)) : sound, color.
- African Americans -- Interviews.
Johnson, Glenn -- Interviews.
- Oral histories.
- System Details:
- Judge and lawyer Glenn T. Johnson was born on July 19, 1917 in Washington, Arkansas. He earned his B.S. degree from Wilberforce University in Xenia, Ohio, and his J.D and S.J.D. degrees from The John Marshall Law School of Chicago. Johnson served as assistant attorney general of Illinois for seven years and as senior attorney for the Metropolitan Sanitary District of Greater Chicago for three years. In 1966, he was elected associate judge of Circuit Court of Cook County and later elected a full Circuit Court judge in 1968, a position he held until 1973. Johnson was then sworn in as a justice of the Appellate Court of Illinois. He served in this capacity until his retirement in 1994. He had many legal and civic affiliations and received numerous awards and honors for his work and dedication. Johnson passed away on November 30, 2010 at age 93.
- Larry Crowe, interviewer.
- Videographer, Scott Stearns.
- Recorded Chicago, Illinois 2003 January 13.
- Johnson, Glenn, interviewee.
Crowe, Larry, interviewer.
Stearns, Scott, director of photography.
HistoryMakers (Video oral history collection), production company.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|