Regional Social Policy [electronic resource] / Bob Deacon, Isabel Ortiz and Sergei Zelenev.
- New York : United Nations, 2007.
- UN Department of Economic and Social Affairs (DESA) Working Papers, 2520-6656 ; no.37.
UN Department of Economic and Social Affairs (DESA) Working Papers, 2520-6656 ; no.37
- Government document
1 online resource
- Local subjects:
- Economic and Social Development. (search)
- This paper argues why countries should give priority to developing cross-border regional social policies. The first part presents the conceptual case for regional social policies in terms of how the social dimension of regionalism can provide an alternative to the current pattern of globalization. The second presents the concept and dimensions of regional social policies. The third part reviews progress to date, which suggests that the time is right to pursue this agenda. The paper closes with some institutional issues related to how regional social policy might be advanced, including options for financing regional social policies.
- Ortiz, Isabel.
- Publisher Number:
- 10.18356/c3af63d3-en doi
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|