Hungry souls : supernatural visits, messages, and warnings from purgatory / Gerard J.M. van den Aardweg ; Janusz Rosikoń, photographs.
- Standardized Title:
- Hongerende Zielen, Verschijningen uit het Vagevuur. English
- [Place of publication not identified] : Saint Benedict Press : Tan Books, ©2009.
xxiii, 157 pages : illustrations (some color) ; 22 cm
- Offers accounts of earthly visitations from the dead in purgatory, accompanied by images from the Museum of Purgatory in Rome showing such evidence as hand prints which appear to be burned onto clothing, bed linens, and books.
- The near-death experience and beyond
Purgatory's pains and joys
Holy soul, or demonic impostor?
Apparitions of damned souls
Evidence for purgatory in early Christian history
The church fathers and later saints on purgatory
The fire of purgatory according to Catherine of Genoa
The exhibits of the Museum of Purgatory
The burned-in hand of Czestochowa
Other examples of burn marks
How the poor souls appear, and to whom
Blessed Stanislaus Papcyynski: an extraordinary friend to the suffering souls
The modern-day apparitions to Eugenie von der Leyen
A deceased Sister visits St. Faustina
Ursula Hibbeln: the simple woman who helped many souls
Two apparitions to Padre Pio
The Bohemian widow who saw the dead
How we can help the holy souls.
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 155-157).
Translated from the Dutch.
- Local notes:
- RBC copy purchased for the Penn Libraries in 2017 from Powell's Books.
RBC copy inscribed by Anne Rice on 11 August 2010 in blue ink on half-title leaf, with copious annotations in her hand in text and 18 self-adhesive tabs with ms. notes in the same hand affixed to fore-edge of leaves.
- Penn Provenance:
- Rice, Anne, 1941- (autograph) (RBC copy)
- Penn Chronology:
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|