The catechism for the curats / compos'd by the decree of the Council of Trent, and publish'd by command of Pope Pius the Fifth ; faithfully translated into English.
- Standardized Title:
- Catechismus Romanus. English
- London, : Printed by Henry Hills ... for him and Matthew Turner, MDCLXXXVII 
, 554,  p. ; 18 cm (8vo)
- ofe- s,b- into moon (3) 1687 (R)
- Catholic Church -- Catechisms -- English -- Early works to 1800.
- Place of Publication:
- England London.
- Signatures: a⁸ b⁴ A-2N⁸ 2O⁴.
Errors in pagination: page 426 numbered 326; page 431 numbered 331.
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the Arthur H. Lea Library Endowment Fund.
Lea Library copy has ms. notes in ink and pnecil on verso of blank leaf preceding leaf a1.
Lea Library copy purchased for the Penn Libraries in 2017 from Antiquates Fine and Rare Books.
Lea Library copy has ms. ownership inscription ("Bibl. maj. Coll. S.J. Angl. Brugis.") of the library of Bruges College at head of title leaf.
- Penn Provenance:
- Bruges College (former owner) (inscription) (Lea Library copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Cited in:
- ESTC R16648
Wing (2nd ed., 1994) C1472
Clancy, T.H. Engl. Catholic books, 184
- Hills, Henry, -1689?, printer.
Turner, Matthew, active 1673-1693, bookseller.
Arthur H. Lea Library Endowment Fund.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|