No Place To Call Home The 1807-1857 Life Writings of Caroline Barnes Crosby, Chronicler of Outlying Mormon Communities / edited by Edward Leo Lyman, Susan Ward Payne, and S. George Ellsworth.
- Logan, Utah : Utah State University Press, 2005.
- Baltimore, Md. : Project MUSE, 2012
- Life writings of frontier women ; v. 7.
Life writings of frontier women ; v. 7
1 online resource (593 p.)
- Mormons -- West (U.S.) -- History -- 19th century.
Frontier and pioneer life -- West (U.S.).
Mormon women -- West (U.S.) -- Biography.
Mormon pioneers -- West (U.S.) -- Biography.
San Bernardino (Calif.) -- Biography.
San Francisco (Calif.) -- Biography.
Middle West -- Biography.
Salt Lake Valley (Utah) -- Biography.
Crosby, Caroline Barnes, 1807-1884 -- Diaries.
Crosby, Caroline Barnes, 1807-1884.
- Electronic books.
- Caroline Crosby's life took a wandering course between her 1834 marriage to Jonathan Crosby and conversion to the infant Mormon Church and her departure for her final home, Utah, on New Year's Day, 1858. In the intervening years, she lived in many places but never long enough to set firm roots. Her adherence to a frontier religion on the move kept her moving, even after the church began to settle down in Utah. Despite the impermanence of her situation, perhaps even because of it, Caroline Crosby left a remarkably rich record of her life and travels, thereby telling us not only much abo
- Contents; Maps and Illustrations; Foreword; Acknowledgments; Editor's Notes; Introduction; PART ONE: BEGINNING LIFE'S JOURNEY Youth to Arrival in Salt Lake Valley, January 1807-May 1850; PART TWO: MISSION TO THE SOCIETY ISLANDS To French Polynesia, Return to San Francisco, May 1850-September 1852; PART THREE: UPPER CALIFORNIA Mission San Jose and San Francisco, September 1852-November 1855; PART FOUR: SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA The San Bernardino Years, November 1855 to December 1857; Notes; Bibliography; Index
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references (p. 547-550) and index.
Description based on print version record.
- Ellsworth, S. George (Samuel George), 1916-
Payne, Sue, 1942-
Lyman, Edward Leo, 1942-
- Access Restriction:
- Open Access Unrestricted online access star
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|