Off the tracks : a novel / by Inge Merkel ; translated by Dennis McCort ; afterword by Gerd K. Schneider.
- Standardized Title:
- Aus den Geleisen. English
- Riverside, California : Ariadne Press, 2016.
- Studies in Austrian literature, culture, and thought. Translation series.
Studies in Austrian literature, culture, and thought translation series
255 pages ; 22 cm.
- Austrians -- Mexico -- Fiction.
Mexico City (Mexico) -- Fiction.
Culture conflict -- Fiction.
Mexico -- Mexico City.
- Local subjects:
- Developed countries. (search)
Global financial crisis, 2008-2009. (search)
- Humorous fiction.
- "A group of middle-class Viennese tourists lands at the Mexico City airport to begin an extended tour of the country and its culture. What could go wrong? A great deal, it turns out, both within the group with its skewed dynamics and between the group and "the locals" in this often hilarious clash of cultures"-- Provided by publisher.
- Translated from the German.
Includes bibliographical references.
- McCort, Dennis, translator.
Schneider, Gerd K., 1931- author of afterword.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|