The bad kids / a Low Key Pictures production ; in association with The Filmmaker Fund ; directed by Keith Fulton & Lou Pepe ; produced by Keith Fulton.
- [Brooklyn, N.Y.] : FilmRise, 
1 videodisc (101 min.) : sound, color ; 4 3/4 in.
4 3/4 in.
- Problem youth -- California.
Black Rock High School (Yucca Valley, Calif.)
Alternative education -- California.
High schools -- California.
Education, Secondary -- California.
Evening and continuation school students -- California.
Evening and continuation schools -- California.
- Documentary films.
Feature films -- United States.
Video recordings for the hearing impaired
- In English with optional English subtitles for the dear and hard of hearing.
- System Details:
- DVD-R region 1, NTSC; 16:9 widescreen; Dolby Digital 2.0, Dolby Digital 5.1.
5.1 Dolby Digital 2.0 Dolby Digital
- Located in an impoverished Mojave Desert community, Black Rock Continuation High School is one of California's alternative schools for students at risk of dropping out. Every student here has fallen so far behind in credits that they have no hope of earning a diploma at a traditional high school. Black Rock is their last chance. The Bad Kids is an observational documentary that chronicles one extraordinary principal's mission to realize the potential of these students whom the system has deemed lost causes. The film follows Principal Vonda Viland as she coaches three at-risk teens - a new father who can't support his family, a young woman grappling with sexual abuse, and an angry young man from an unstable home - through the traumas and obstacles that rob them of their spirit and threaten their goal of a high school diploma. As Principal Viland's educational approach unfolds throughout the film, viewers are offered a practical model for how public education can address and combat the crippling effects of poverty in the lives of American schoolchildren.
- Director of photography, Lou Pepe ; edited by Jacob Bricca, Mary Lampson ; original score by Jacaszek.
- Originally released as a motion picture in 2016.
Special features: Deleted & extended scenes, Behind-the-scenes footage, Theatrical trailer.
- Fulton, Keith, film director, film producer.
Pepe, Louis, film director, film producer, director of photography.
Bricca, Jacob, editor of moving image work.
Lampson, Mary, editor of moving image work.
Jacaszek, 1972- composer (expression)
Filmmaker Fund, production company.
Low Key Pictures, production company.
FilmRise (Firm), publisher.
- Publisher Number:
- Access Restriction:
- This is a recorded DVD and may not play in all DVD players or computer drives.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|