Symphony no. 3 : "The camp meeting" ; Symphony no. 4 ; Orchestral set no. 2 / Charles Ives.
- Standardized Title:
- Works. Selections
- Other Title:
- Container spine title: Orchestral works. Vol. 3
- Colchester, Essex, England : Chandos, 
- Sound recording
1 audio disc : CD audio, digital ; 4 3/4 in.
- Choruses, Secular (Mixed voices) with orchestra.
- Art music.
- Vocal portion sung in English.
- System Details:
- Hybrid Super Audio CD (SACD): CD audio-encoded stereo playable on regular CD player; requires SACD player and playback equipment with analog inputs for DSD (Direct Stream Digital) stereo or 5.0 multichannel surround sound to audition SACD-encoded layers.
digital optical stereo surround
CD audio SACD
- Orchestral set no. 2 / edited by James B. Sinclair (17:39)
Symphony no. 3 : "The camp meeting" / edited Kenneth Singleton (21:09)
Symphony no. 4 / performance score realised and edited by Thomas M. Brodhead (31:51).
- Jean-Efflam Bavouzet, piano (3rd work) ; Melbourne Symphony Orchestra Chorus ; Melbourne Symphony Orchestra ; Sir Andrew Davis, conductor.
- 1st work recorded 2014 June 26, 28, and 30 Hamer Hall, Arts Centre Melbourne, Victoria, Australia.
2nd work recorded 2016 June 16-18 Hamer Hall, Arts Centre Melbourne, Victoria, Australia.
3rd work recorded 2016 March 22-23 Hamer Hall, Arts Centre Melbourne, Victoria, Australia.
Program notes and notes on performers in English, German, and French, and text (43 pages) inserted in container.
Symphony no. 3 awarded the Pulitzer Prize for Music, 1947
- Bavouzet, Jean-Efflam, instrumentalist.
Davis, Andrew, 1944- conductor.
Sinclair, James B., editor.
Singleton, Kenneth, editor.
Brodhead, Thomas M., editor.
Melbourne Symphony Orchestra, instrumentalist.
Melbourne Symphony Orchestra. Chorus, singer.
- Container of: Ives, Charles, 1874-1954. Sets, orchestra, no. 2 (K. 1A6)
Container of: Ives, Charles, 1874-1954. Symphonies, no. 3.
Container of: Ives, Charles, 1874-1954. Symphonies, no. 4.
- Publisher Number:
CHSA 5174 Chandos
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|