Paris, before it is too late = Avant qu'il ne soit trop tard / Thomas Michael Gunther.
- Other Title:
- André Ostier, Paris before it is too late
Paris, avant qu'il ne soit trop tard
- First edition
- New York, NY : Pointed Leaf Press,  , ©2017
142 pages : illustrations ; 30 cm
- Ostier, André, 1906-1994.
Ostier, André, 1906-1994
Paris (France) -- History -- Pictorial works.
Paris (France) -- Description and travel.
France -- Paris.
- "Paris, Before it is Too Late is a curated selection of 60 vintage photographs by the French photographer André Ostier. Spanning the career of Ostier from his days in Paris during World War II to the 1960s and 1970s, the striking images capture the City of Light through his eyes and instill a certain sense of nostalgia. The famous fashion photographer, known for his work with the couturier Christian Dior, sought to document a fleeting Old Paris by capturing its people, buildings, and the special moments of the city he so admired. Part of the book is a replica of an album Ostier put together himself, Paris, Before it is Too Late. Uniquely, this book also includes a specially curated selection of rare and haunting images that Ostier took during the war. The insatiable visual curiosity of the Paris photographer André Ostier (1906-1994) led Thomas Michael Gunther to capture a wealth of images during his lifetime. Known for his portraits of artists and writers, he also chronicled the fancy-dress balls of the glamorous 1950s and 1960s. In this work, the Paris-based historian of photography Thomas Michael Gunther takes a close look at the passion and conviction that characterize André Ostier's views of the City of Light"--Publisher's description.
- Text in French and English.
At head of title: André Ostier.
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the George R. Gund Memorial Fund.
- George R. Gund Memorial Fund.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|