Unruly creatures : short stories / Jennifer Caloyeras.
- Standardized Title:
- Short stories. Selections
- Morgantown : Vandalia Press, 2017. , ©2017
161 pages ; 22 cm
- FICTION / Short Stories (single author).
- "In this collection rife with humor and pathos, alienated characters struggle to subvert, contain, control, and even escape their bodies. A teenage girl grapples with pubic hair grown wild, a biologist finds herself in love with a gorilla, a transvestite prisoner yearns to escape her biological destiny. In some stories, the bodies have surrogates: a high-school girl babysits an elderly woman's plastic doll while negotiating her own sexual awakening, and a young man finds that he can only receive affection from his father when he is in costume. Dark humor and magical realism put in sharp relief the everyday trials of Americans in a story collection that asks, in what way are we more than the sum of our parts?"-- Provided by publisher.
- Other format:
- Online version: Caloyeras, Jennifer, author. Unruly creatures
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|