The fight for America's schools : grassroots organizing in education / Barbara Ferman, editor.
- Cambridge, Massachusetts : Harvard Education Press, 
- Education politics and policy series
viii, 192 pages ; 23 cm.
- Education -- Political aspects -- United States.
Education -- Social aspects -- United States.
Political culture -- United States.
Social justice -- United States.
Educational equalization -- United States.
Educational change -- United States.
Discrimination in education -- United States.
Education and state -- United States.
Discrimination in education.
Education and state
Education -- Political aspects.
Education -- Social aspects.
- This book investigates new developments in community organizing around education - the reconfiguration of historical alliances, the mobilization of new organizations, and the potential for new coalitions--Provided by publisher.
- Introduction: The new landscape of education politics / Barbara Ferman
Challenges to coalition building: confronting power with creativity / Barbara Ferman and Nicholas Palazzolo
A tale of two cities: community resistance in Newark and Camden / Stephen Danley and Julia Sass Rubin
With our powers combined: grassroots activism in Philadelphia / Elaine Simon, Rand Quinn, Marissa Martino Golden, and Jody C. Cohen
When the personal becomes political: parent organizing and the opt-out movement / Barbara Ferman
Organizing goes statewide: the case of Save Our Schools NJ / Julia Sass Rubin
Lessons from the grass roots / Barbara Ferman
Preserving education as a collective good / Susan Dejarnatt and Barbara Ferman.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the James Hosmer Penniman Book Fund.
- Ferman, Barbara, editor.
James Hosmer Penniman Book Fund.
- Publisher Number:
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|