Indigenous media postcard from Nepal [electronic resource] / directed by Carlos Gomez.
- Other records:
- Other Title:
- Academic Video Online.
- Nepal : Cineminga, 2013.
1 online resource (30 minutes)
- Motion picture producers and directors.
Film festivals -- Nepal.
- Ethnographic films
- In Mandarin, Nepali, and English with English subtitles.
- System Details:
- data file
- Indigenous media production is a tool for autonomy, activism, cross-cultural education, and critical self-representation. Through interviews with indigenous filmmakers from Nepal and Taiwan and an intimate look at the Nepal International Indigenous Film Festival, the film articulates the demand for culturally relevant broadcasting and community building through media production, distribution, and exhibition. Film festivals provide a critical platform to foster dialogue, illuminate pan-indigenous concerns for land and rights, and insert an alternative narrative into the hegemony of commercial and mainstream representation.
- Title from resource description page (viewed June 27, 2017).
- Gómez, Héctor Carlos, director.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|