Ton Koopman plays Bach. At home with Bach. Cantata, Amore traditore, BWV 203 [electronic resource] / [composed by Johann Sebastian Bach].
- Other records:
- Standardized Title:
- Amore traditore
- Other Title:
- Amore traditore, BWV 203
Bei Bach zu Hause
Academic Video Online.
- Berlin, Berlin State : EuroArts, 2000.
1 online resource (12 minutes)
- Solo cantatas (Medium voice)
- Filmed performances.
- Sung in Italian.
- System Details:
- data file
- Dutch organist and harpsichordist Ton Koopman is one of the most distinguished Bach interpreters of our time. On this DVD, he is featured interpreting Johann Sebastian Bach's greatest organ works, including the popular Toccata in D minor and the Fugue in G minor. He plays on the world-famous Silbermann Organ in Freiberg (Saxony). The organ was completed in 1714 and thoroughly restored in 1982/1983 and it closely retains its original condition. Bach adored his contemporary Gottfried Silbermann's organs for their exquisite sound and the recording allows the listener to enjoy this sound to the full while offering a closer look at this marvellously crafted instrument. In the second part of this DVD Ton Koopman is "At Home with Bach!" He plays favourite harpsichord pieces and accompanies the eminent Bach Singer Klaus Mertens in popular arias. The programme was filmed in the enchanting Gohlis Castle near Leipzig, a late baroque jewel built in 1755.
- Klaus Mertens, baritone ; Ton Koopman, harpsichord.
- Title from resource description page (viewed August 24, 2017).
Written in 1723.
Recorded Gohliser Schlösschen, Leipzig.
- Mertens, Klaus, 1949- performer.
Koopman, Ton, 1944- performer.
Russmann, Krišs, director.
Smaczny, Paul, producer.
Itturiagagoitia, Isabel, producer.
- Contained In:
- Ton Koopman plays Bach
- Other format:
- Original cat. no.: 2050349
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|