10 classroom activities to enhance executive function and improve task completion [electronic resource] / [presented by Lynn Kenney].
- Other Title:
- 10 thinking skill activities to enhance executive function improving academic task completion at home and in the classroom
Academic Video Online.
- Eau Claire, WI : PESI Inc., 2016.
1 online resource (103 minutes)
Executive functions (Neuropsychology)
- Educational films.
- In English.
- System Details:
- data file
- We’re back to school and soon children will be bringing home loads of homework. For many children academic tasks such as worksheets, projects and homework can feel overwhelming! In Dr. Lynne Kenney’s new book, 70 Play Activities for Better Thinking, Self-regulation, Learning and Behavior (2016), she shares over 40 executive function skills. Teachers, clinicians and parents can easily implement these activities to improve sequencing, initiation, execution, task management, attention and memory skills. Dr. Kenney will provide you with key research findings relevant to your everyday work, and transform that research into practical activities and worksheets to help your students: Improve pacing and memory, Learn encoding and retrieval Improve motivation and attention, Learn preview and planning, Maximize homework approach, initiation and execution. OBJECTIVES: Describe the cognitive science behind learning and memory in a practical, activity-based manner, Explain how to become a "Cognitive Detective" to better see what executive functions might be road blocks to a specific student’s achievement, Model how to have "Cognitive Conversations" with students to help them move from feel distressed about their learning to feeling like empowered thinkers, Show how to fill your tool-box with 10 activities that will immediately transform your students’ learning.
- Title from resource description page (viewed August 18, 2017).
- Kenney, Lynne, speaker.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|