Two films by Natalie Bookchin : Long story short ; Now he's out in public and everyone can see / directed, edited and produced by Natalie Bookchin.
- Other Title:
- 2 films by Natalie Bookchin
- Brooklyn, NY : Icarus Films, 
1 videodisc (69 min.) : sound, color ; 4 3/4 in.
4 3/4 in.
- Poor -- Services for -- Social aspects -- California.
Poor -- Social aspects -- California.
Poverty -- Social aspects -- California.
Video blogs -- Social aspects.
Internet -- Social aspects.
Race awareness -- United States.
- Documentary films.
Videorecordings for the hearing impaired.
- Closed-captioned for the hearing impaired.
- System Details:
- DVD, NTSC, Region 1; full screen (1.33:1 aspect ratio) presentation; Dolby Digital.
digital optical Dolby Digital
full screen (1.33:1)
video file DVD video region 1
- "In Long Story Short, over 100 people at homeless shelters, food banks, adult literacy programs, and job training centers in California discuss their experiences of poverty - why they are poor, how it feels, and what they think should be done. Numerous interviews are stitched together to form a ployphonic account of poverty told from the inside. While individuals filmed in separate spaces appear in isolation, words flow across the screen like musical ensemble, moving across a social body of common experiences and variations on shared themes, as narrators momentarily join together, and then splinter apart offering the possibility of a fragmentary imaginary collective."--Container.
"Originally presented as a multi-channel gallery installation in 2012, 'Now he's out in public and everyone can see' presents a fractured narrative about an unnamed man whose racial identity is continually redrawn and contested by clusters of impassioned narrators. The film is composed of fragments of found video blogs made in the early days of the Obama era, a period many believed would be "post-racial" but instead ushered in a new era of racial discord.This riveting polyphonic documentary explores this new landscape, one where mass media are transformed into social media, cascades of disinformation, rumors, and insinuations spread across global electronic networks, truths and falsehoods become nearly impossible to distinguish, and reality is splintered and recast through numerous interpretations and retellings" --Container.
- Long story short / a Mass Produced Media Production (45 min.)
Now he's out in public and everyone can see (24 min.)
- Long story short: sound edit and design, Michael Kowalski.
- Title from container.and disc.
Videodisc release of two films produced in 2016 (Long story short) and 2017 (New he's out in public and everyone can see).
Long story short: Grand Prize, Cinema du Reel Film Festival, 2016; Silver Award, Athens International Film & Video Festival, 2016; Programmer's Award for Short Documentary, Sebastopol Documentary Film Festival, 2016.
- Bookchin, Natalie, film director, editor of moving image work., film director.
Kowalski, Michael, sound editor.
- Long story short.
Now he's out in public and everyone can see.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|