Becoming Henry Moore / with texts by Sebastiano Barassi, Tania Moore, Jon Wood.
- Standardized Title:
- Sculptures. Selections.
- London : Art Books Publishing Ltd, 2017.
128 pages : illustrations (some color), portraits ; 28 cm
- Moore, Henry, 1898-1986 -- Exhibitions.
Sculptors -- England -- Biography -- Exhibitions.
Moore, Henry, 1898-1986.
- Exhibition catalogs.
- Displaying skill and ambition from a young age, Moore (1898?1986) spent his early years studying the art of the past and of his contemporaries, absorbing a wide variety of sculptural ideas. In this book, Sebastiano Barassi presents a lively account of this formative period, from Moore?s school years through his active service in the First World War and student life at Leeds School of Art, and culminating with his move to the Royal College of Art in London and subsequent entry into the world of contemporary sculpture. What is revealed is a rich story of friendships, mentors and collectors, a range of artistic influences and dialogues with other leading figures from the British and European avant-gardes -- Source other than Library of Congress.
- Catalog accompanies an exhibition held at the Henry Moore Foundation, Perry Green, Hertfordshire, April 14-October 22, 2017, and at the Henry Moore Institute, Leeds, England, November 30, 2017-February 18, 2018.
Includes bibliographical references.
- Barassi, Sebastiano, writer of added text.
Moore, Tania, writer of added text.
Wood, Jon, writer of added text.
Henry Moore Foundation, issuing body, host institution.
Henry Moore Institute (Leeds, England), host institution.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|