Theoretical issues in psychology [electronic resource] : an introduction / Sacha Bem and Huib Looren de Jong.
- Third edition.
- Los Angeles : SAGE, 
- Sage knowledge.
1 online resource (400 pages) : illustrations.
Philosophy of mind.
- The 3rd edition of Theoretical Issues in Psychology provides an authoritative overview of the conceptual issues in psychology which introduces the underlying philosophies that underpin them. It includes new insights across the philosophy of science combined with increased psychological coverage to show clearly how these two communities interrelate, ensuring an integrative understanding of the fundamental debates and how they link to your wider studies.
- chapter 1. Science : why, and how? Some basic ideas in scientific method
chapter 2. Kind of explanations : laws, interpretations and functions
chapter 3. Philosophy of science (1) : logical positivism and its failure
chapter 4. Philosophy of science (2) : criticism and alternatives to positivism
chapter 5. Sociology and psychology of science
chapter 6. Introducing philosophy of mind, brain and cognition
chapter 7. Modern approaches to mind (1) : the language-based view : functionalism and the computational theory of mind
chapter 8. Modern approaches to mind (2) : the brain-based view : neurophilosophy, connectionism and dynamicism
chapter 9. the extended mind : biology, body, and environment
chapter 10. consciousness and free will.
- Part of the SAGE Knowledge collection.
Previous edition: London ; Thousand Oaks, Calif. : SAGE, 2006, reprinted 2007, 2008, 2010, 2013.
Includes bibliographical references (pagesges 364-390) and indexes.
Description based on MARC record for print version.
- Looren de Jong, Huibert, author.
- Other format:
- Print version :
Print version :
- 9781526402097 (ebook) :
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|