Agostinho Batista de Freitas, São Paulo / Adriano Pedrosa, Fernando Oliva e Rodrigo Moura (orgs.)
- Standardized Title:
- Works. Selections
- São Paulo : MASP - Museu de Arte de São Paulo Assis Chateaubriand, 2016.
247 pages : illustrations ; 28 cm.
- Freitas, Agostinho Batista de, 1927-1997 -- Catalogs.
Freitas, Agostinho Batista de, 1927-1997 -- Criticism and interpretation.
Primitivism in art -- Brazil.
Art, Brazilian -- 20th century.
São Paulo (Brazil) -- Pictorial works.
São Paulo (Brazil) -- Social life and customs -- Pictorial works.
- In Portuguese.
- Agostinho Batista de Freitas, São Paulo is the artist's first monographic exhibition organized by a Brazilian institution in more than 25 years. The curatorship is Fernando Oliva and Rodrigo Moura, curator and adjunct curator of Brazilian art at MASP, respectively. Both have done extensive research on his work, locating more than 300 works in about 50 different collections and collections, as well as rare documents, photographs and sketches made by the artist, and now reproduced in the catalog of the exhibition. A self-taught painter and electrician by profession, Agostinho Batista de Freitas (Paulínia, São Paulo, Brazil, 1927 - São Paulo, Brazil, 1997) worked in the field until he came to São Paulo at age 11. In the early 1950s, while selling his works in the city center, he met Pietro Maria Bardi (1900-1999), founding director of MASP. At the time, Bardi commissioned a painting that portrayed the metropolis seen from the top of the iconic Banespa building (Banco do Estado de São Paulo), a work that would then be exhibited in the first individual of Batista de Freitas, held at MASP in 195.
- Batista de Freitas no MASP /Heitos Martins e Adriano Pedrosa
Agostinho Batista de Freitas, São Paulo / Rodrigo Moura
Agostinho, silencioso / Fernando Oliva
Uma estrela distante / Lisette Lagnado
Parece um misterio, parece um cemiterio / Tiago Mesquite
São Paulo, sintese e utopia / Rafael Urano Frajndlich
A modernização da cidade / Maria Alice Milliet
Trabalhos na exposição
Lista de trabalhos na exposição individuais e colectivas do artista Docuemntos.
- Published on the occasion of the exhibition held Oct. 10, 2016 - April 9, 2017at the MASP in São Paulo.
Includes bibliographical references.
- Pedrosa, Adriano, editor.
Oliva, Fernando, editor.
Moura, Rodrigo, editor.
Museu de Arte de São Paulo Assis Chateaubriand, issuing body.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|