The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen : century : 1969 / Alan Moore ; [artist] Kevin O'Neill.
- Other Title:
- Century : 1969
- Marietta, GA : Top Shelf Productions ; London : Top Shelf, ©2011.
1 volume (unpaged) : color illustrations ; 26 cm
- League of Extraordinary Gentlemen (Fictitious characters) -- Comic books, strips, etc.
Science fiction comic books, strips, etc.
- Place of Publication:
- United States Georgia Marietta.
- Chapter two takes place in the psychedelic daze of swinging London during 1969, a place where Tadukic Acid Diethylamide 26 is the drug of choice, and where different underworlds are starting to overlap dangerously. The vicious gangster bosses of London's East End find themselves brought into contact with a counter-culture underground of mystical and medicated flower-children, or amoral pop-stars on the edge of psychological disintegration and developing a taste for Satanism. Alerted to a threat concerning the same magic order that she and her colleagues were investigating during 1910, a thoroughly modern Mina Murray and her dwindling league of comrades attempt to navigate the perilous rapids of London's hippy and criminal subculture. Starting to buckle from the pressures of the twentieth century and the weight of their own endless lives, Mina and her companions must nevertheless prevent the making of a Moonchild that might well turn out to be the antichrist. --From amazon.com.
- Cover title.
- Penn Provenance:
- Rothman, Steven D. (donor)
Toccafondi, David, C'95 (donor) (Toccafondi copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- O'Neill, Kevin, 1953-
Top Shelf Productions (Marietta, Ga.)
Steven Rothman Collection of Comics, Cartoons, and Graphic Novels (University of Pennsylvania)
David Toccafondi, Dan Sung and Joshua O'Neill Collection of Comics and Graphic Novels (University of Pennsylvania)
Comics Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|