Matthäus-Passion / Johann Sebastian Bach.
- Berlin : Berlin Phil Media GmbH,  , ©2014
3 videodiscs (246 min.) : DVD video, Blu-ray, sound, color ; 4 3/4 in.
DVD DVD video 4 3/4 in.
Blu-ray Blu-ray 4 3/4 in.
- Feature films.
- Sung in German, with optional subtitles in English, French, German, Japanese, Korean and Spanish.
- System Details:
- DVD digital optical surround stereo Dolby Digital 5.1
Blu-ray digital optical surround stereo DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 2.0 PCM
DVD video file DVD video region 0
Blu-ray video file Blu-ray regions ABC
- Sir Simon Rattle was in no doubt: the performance of the St. Matthew Passion which he realised together with the Berliner Philharmoniker and the Rundfunkchor Berlin in 2010 was for him "the single most important thing we ever did here". Critics around the world agreed. They praised the semi-staged "ritualization" by American star-director Peter Sellars, as well as the outstanding musical performances by the soloists, including Magdalena Kozena, Christian Gerhaher, Thomas Quasthoff and Mark Padmore as the Evangelist.
- Mark Padmore, tenor (Evangelist) ; Christian Gerhaher, bass (Jesus) ; Camilla Tilling, soprano recitatives and arias ; Magdalena Kožená, contralto recitatives and arias ; Topi Lehtipuu, tenor recitatives and arias ; Thomas Quasthoff, bass recitatives and arias ; Berliner Philharmoniker ; Sir Simon Rattle, conductor ; Rundfunkchor Berlin ; Simon Halsey, chorus master ; Knaben des Staats- und Domchors Berlin ; Kai-Uwe Jirka, chorus master.
- Peter Sellars, staging ; directed for video by Daniel Finkernagel and Alexander Lück.
- Semi-staged performance of the Passion according to St. Matthew.
Title from container.
Blu-ray disc contains the performance and bonus video in high definition; DVDs contain the performance part 1 with bonus video on DVD 1 and part 2 on DVD 2 in standard definition.
Recorded live Berlin Philharmonie 2010 April 11.
DVDs previously released in 2012 as BPH 120011; Blu-ray previously released in 2012 as BPH 120012.
Program notes, biographical notes, and credits in English and German (46 pages ; illustrations) bound in container.
Includes a 7-day digital concert hall ticket for the Berliner Philharmoniker video streaming service.
Bonus: Peter Sellars in conversation with Simon Halsey (51 minutes).
- Padmore, Mark, performer.
Gerhaher, Christian, performer.
Tilling, Camilla, performer.
Kožená, Magdalena, performer.
Lehtipuu, Topi, performer.
Quasthoff, Thomas, performer.
Rattle, Simon, 1955- conductor.
Halsey, Simon, 1958- conductor.
Jirka, Kai-Uwe, conductor.
Sellars, Peter, stage director.
Finkernagel, Daniel, director.
Lück, Alexander, director.
Berliner Philharmoniker, performer.
Rundfunkchor Berlin, performer.
Staats- und Domchor Berlin. Knabenchor, performer.
Berlin Phil Media GmbH, production company.
- Container of: Bach, Johann Sebastian, 1685-1750. Matthäuspassion.
- Publisher Number:
BPHR140021 Berlin Phil Media GmbH (container)
BPHR140021-1 Berlin Phil Media GmbH (DVD 1)
BPHR140021-2 Berlin Phil Media GmbH (DVD 2)
BPHR140021-3 Berlin Phil Media GmbH (Blu-ray disc)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|