Mothering babies in domestic violence : beyond attachment theory / Fiona Buchanan.
- Abingdon, Oxon ; New York, NY : Routledge, 2018.
- Women and psychology
157 pages ; 24 cm.
- Family violence -- Psychological aspects.
Mother and infant.
Victims of family violence.
- Introduction: situating relationships between women and their babies in domestic violence
Current debates, new understandings: domestic violence and its effects on women, babies and the relationships between them
A new approach: connecting emotions, experiences and relationships
Context: sustained hostility
Relationality: how sustained hostility leads to increased protectiveness
Subjective agency-creating space and achieving change
Looking forward: moving from attachment theory to a model of protective connection.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- 9781138187665 (hardback : alk. paper)
1138187666 (hardback : alk. paper)
9781138187672 (pbk. : alk. paper)
1138187674 (pbk. : alk. paper)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|