The book of old-fashioned flowers and other plants which thrive in the open-air of England, by Harry Roberts author of "The Chronicle of a Cornish Garden". With numerous illustrations reproduced from drawings by Ethel Roskruge.
- Other records:
- London, New York, John Lane: The Bodley Head, 1901. (Edinburgh : Turnbull & Spears, Printers)
- Handbooks of practical gardening ; 4.
Handbooks of practical gardening ; 4
xiii, 111,  pages,  leaves of plates illustrations 20 cm.
- Place of Publication:
- England London.
United States New York (State) New York.
- Scope and limitations
A garden by the sea
The garden in winter
The garden in spring
The garden in June
How to grow roses
The garden in July
Night in the garden
The garden in August
The garden in autumn
Shelter and shade
Soils and their preparation
Seed-sowing and transplanting
Layers and cuttings
Insects and other pests
- Title page printed in red and green within single-ruled green border.
Publisher's advertisements:  pages at end.
Green and black decorative front cover.
- Local notes:
- Nick Malgieri Culinary Archive and Library copy presented to the Penn Libraries in 2015 by Nick Malgieri.
- Penn Provenance:
- Malgieri, Nick (donor) (Malgieri Collection copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Nick Malgieri Culinary Archive and Library (University of Pennsylvania)
Culinary Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
- Other format:
- Online version: Roberts, Harry, 1871-1946. Book of old-fashioned flowers and other plants which thrive in the open-air of England.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|