Theater design. Introduction to sound design [electronic resource] / Alexander Street, a ProQuest company.
- Other Title:
- Introduction to sound design
Academic Video Online.
- Alexandria, VA : Alexander Street, 2017.
1 online resource (76 minutes)
- Theaters -- Sound effects.
Theaters -- Electronic sound control.
- In English.
- System Details:
- data file
- Professor of Sound Design at the University of California Irvine, Vincent Olivieri, explores the fundamentals of sound design through the lens of his work on the recent play "Safe House" by Keith Josef Adkins. Olivieri focuses in on the art of sound design due to technology's rapid advancement, exploring script analysis, the creation of soundscapes, spatial awareness in sound design, and development of diegetic and non-diegetic sound. Detailing the process for creating successful cue lists and loudspeaker plots, Olivieri shows how each document is dynamic, often changing performance to performance, and how successful sound designers can learn to make their sound designs a living part of the play.
- Introduction to the studio
Sound design concept
Sound design for the play
Early drafts of music
Designing for the stage
Building music and sound for the space
Rhythm and structure
- Vincent Olivieri, speaker.
- Title from resource description page (viewed October 20, 2017).
- Olivieri, Vincent, speaker.
Alexander Street Press.
Alexander Street (Firm), production company.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|