What does the image stand for? / edited by Ami Barak.
- Bielefeld : Kerber Verlag,  , ©2017
- Conference Name:
- Momenta (Exhibition) (2017 : Montréal, Québec), issuing body.
- Kerber photoart
Kerber photo art
176 pages : illustrations (chiefly color), portraits ; 30 cm.
- Momenta (Exhibition) (2017 : Montréal, Québec)
Photography, Artistic -- 21st century -- Exhibitions.
- Exhibition catalogs.
- Images are now so insidiously omnipresent that their nature has been obliterated. At one time photographs were indicators of reality, but how do they function today ? Now that images of the whole world are being captured by everyone at every moment, what do images have to say? By considering the content and meaning of fixed and moving images, the artists and authors in this volume invite readers to cast a critical eye upon testimonials offered.
- Published to accompany MOMENTA, Biennale de l'image 2017 held in approximately 15 sites across Montreal, September 7-October 15, 2017.
MOMENTA, Biennale de l'image is the new name for Le Mois de la photo à Montréal.
Issued also in French under title: De quoi l'image est-elle le nom?
Includes bibliographical references.
- Barak, Ami, editor.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|