Plainview : the enigmatic Paleoindian artifact style of the Great Plains / edited by Vance T. Holliday, Eileen Johnson, and Ruthann Knudson.
- Other Title:
- Enigmatic Paleoindian artifact style of the Great Plains
- Salt Lake City : The University of Utah Press, 
xx, 343 pages : illustrations, maps ; 27 cm
- Paleo-Indians -- Great Plains -- Antiquities.
Paleo-Indians -- Southwest, Old -- Antiquities.
Excavations (Archaeology) -- Great Plains.
Excavations (Archaeology) -- Southwest, Old.
Great Plains -- Antiquities.
Southwest, Old -- Antiquities.
Paleo-Indians -- Antiquities.
United States -- Southwest, Old
- "The Plainview Paleoindian artifact style was first recognized in 1947, after numerous projectile points were found during excavations of a bison kill site near Plainview, Texas. In the decades that followed, however, Plainview became something of a catch-all category with artifacts from across the continent being lumped together based merely on gross similarities. This volume unravels the meaning of Plainview, detailing what is known about this particular technology and time period. Contributing authors from the United States and Mexico present new data gleaned from the reinvestiga- tion of past excavations, notes, maps, and materials from the original Plainview site as well as reports from other Plainview Paleoindian sites across the Great Plains, northern Mexico, and the southwestern United States."--Provided by publisher.
- The Plainview Site : history, geology, and zooarchaeology / Vance T. Holliday, Eileen Johnson, and Roberta Speer
The Plainview assemblage in context / Ruthann Knudson
Stratigraphic context and chronology of Plainview sites on the Southern Great Plains / Vance T. Holliday, Eileen Johnson, and D. Shane Miller
The Younger Dryas and Plainview paleoecology on the Llano Estacado / Eileen Johnson
The Bull Creek Site : late Paleoindian encampment in the Oklahoma Panhandle / Kristen Carlson and Leland C. Bement
The St. Mary's Hall type : the history, chronology, and distribution of St. Mary's Hall projectile points / Thomas R. Hester
The Belen point : a Plainview variant from central New Mexico / Tony Baker
Plainview/Belen in the Rio Grande Basin of New Mexico, Trans-Pecos Texas, and Chihuahua / Vance T. Holliday, Natalia Martínez-Tagüeña, D. Shane Miller, Ismael Sánchez-Morales, Christopher W. Merriman, Allison Harvey, Rafael Cruz, Alberto Peña, and John Seebach
Paleoindian unfluted lanceolate projectile points in the Upper Little Colorado River Valley, east-central Arizona / Bruce B. Huckell and Christopher W. Merriman
Discriminating black rock concave base points from other western Paleoindian projectile points / Michael F. Rondeau, Geoffrey M. Smith, and John W. Dougherty
Plainview-Goshen-Midland typological problems / Vance Haynes Jr. and Matthew E. Hill Jr.
A geometric morphometrics-based assessment of point types on the Southern High Plains during Plainview times / Briggs Buchanan, Michael J. O'Brien, and Mark Collard
Plainview : what we know and what we think we know / Vance T. Holliday, Eileen Johnson, and Ruthann Knudson.
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 293-330) and index.
- Holliday, Vance T., editor.
Johnson, Eileen McAllister, editor.
Knudson, Ruthann, editor.
- Other format:
- Online version: Plainview
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|