The Religious intelligencer [electronic resource].
- Other records:
- New Haven : Nathan Whiting, 1816-1837.
1 online resource (22 volumes) : illustrations
Vol. 1, no. 1 (June 1, 1816)-v. 22, no. 19 (Oct. 7, 1837).
- Connecticut evangelical magazine and religious intelligencer
- Theology -- Periodicals.
- Religious periodicals.
- Place of Publication:
- United States Connecticut New Haven.
- Editors: Nathan Whiting, 1816-1834; A voluntary association; Judson H. Post, 1836-1837.
"Containing the principal transactions of the various Bible and missionary societies, with particular accounts of revivals of religion."
Title from caption.
Issue for March 21, 1818 misnumbered Vol. 2, numbers 43, and misdated March 21, 1817.
Beginning with Jan. 9, 1836 issue (vol. 20, numbers 52) through April of 1837, the title was issued in two editions; a pamphlet form suitable for binding in annual compilations and an expanded format which included at least five columns of local and foreign news. This had the title: Religious intelligencer, and New Haven Journal. Beginning with volume 22, numbers 1 (June 3, 1837) the expanded format was discontinued, and the Religious intelligencer was issued inside the New Haven journal. It could be removed as a whole for binding into annual compilations.
- Local notes:
- American Antiquarian Society PR Misc PF copy bound inside New Haven journal, as issued.
- Whiting, Nathan, 1772-1848, publisher.
Post, Judson H., editor.
Whiting, Nathan, 1772-1848, editor.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|