War of the foxes / Richard Siken.
- Standardized Title:
- Poems. Selections
- Port Townsend, Washington : Copper Canyon Press, 
- Lannan literary selection.
Lannan literary selections
viii, 49 pages ; 23 cm.
- American poetry.
- American poetry.
- "His territory is [where] passion and eloquence collide and fuse."--The New York Times. "Richard Siken writes about love, desire, violence, and eroticism with a cinematic brilliance and urgency."--Huffington Post. "Richard Siken's debut, Crush, won the Yale Younger Poets' Prize, sold over 20,000 copies, and earned him a devoted fan-base. In this much-anticipated second book, Richard Siken seeks definite answers to indefinite questions: what it means to be called to make--whether it is a self, love, war, or art--and what it means to answer that call. In poems equal parts contradiction and clarity, logic and dream, Siken tells the modern world an unforgettable fable about itself. The Museum: 'Two lovers went to the museum and wandered the rooms. He saw a painting and stood in front of it for too long. It was a few minutes before she realized he had gotten stuck. He was stuck looking at a painting. She stood next to him, looking at his face and then the face in the painting. What do you see? she asked. I don't know, he said. He didn't know. She was disappointed, then bored. He was looking at a face and she was looking at her watch. This is where everything changed.' Richard Siken works as a social worker, dealing primarily with developmentally disabled adults. He is a poet, painter, and co-founded and currently edits the magazine Spork. He lives in Tucson, Arizona"-- Provided by publisher.
- The way the light reflects
Landscape with a blur of conquerors
Landscape with fruit rot and millipede
Birds hover the trampled field
Detail of the hayfield
The language of the birds
Still life with skulls and bacon
Landscape with several small fires
Detail of the fire
War of the foxes
Portrait of Fryderyk in shifting light
Ghost, zero, suitcase, and the moon
Lovesong of the square root of negative one
The field of rooms and halls
The mystery of the pears
The stag and the quiver
Detail of the woods
Landscape with black coats in snow
Self-portrait against red wallpaper
The story of the moon
The worm king's lullaby
The painting that includes all painting.
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the Laura Jan Meyerson Poetry Fund.
- Laura Jan Meyerson Poetry Fund.
- Publisher Number:
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|